[lldb-dev] Testing through api vs. commands

via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 15 16:23:38 PDT 2015

I agree that we should have both testing methods - SB API *and* commands,
because we should be testing the user command interface too!

Instead, to fix the Windows vs. other issue, I would suggest writing a
sub-class that won't expect the missing params based on platform.

In any case, there's a lot I never could figure out how to do in the SB
API that I could only do via commands.  For example, how do you test
that a trailing space at the end of the expr --language option's argument
is trimmed in the SB API?

-Dawn