[lldb-dev] command line for running the format checker?

Zachary Turner via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 26 09:38:45 PDT 2015

git clang-format should do it.  There are two things it doesn't handle:

1) It puts constructor initializer list separators (comma and colon) at the
beginning of each line instead of at the end of each line.
2) It doesn't put return type on a separate line for declarations (but it
does for definitions).

I should probably take some time and go fix those 2 issues in
clang-format...

For anyone not using git, `git clang-format` essentially runs the script
`llvm/tools/clang/tools/clang-format/git-clang-format`.  You can run that
script manually with --help to get more information about how to use it
without git.  And there may also be a way to integrate it into svn so you
can write something like `svn clang-format`