[lldb-dev] PSA: Python "print" statement disabled in trunk

Zachary Turner via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 23 10:06:55 PDT 2015

If you sync to tip, you will pull in r251121, which disables the use of the
print statement in Python.  This is because in Python 3, the print
statement has been removed in favor of the print function.  You will see
that that the top of every file, the line "from __future__ import
print_function" has been added.  This line causes the interpreter to
require the print function instead of the print statement.

A quick primer on the print function:

Old way:  print x
New way: print(x)

Old way: print x,    # no newline at end of file
New way: print(x, end='')

Old way: print << my_file, foo    # print to a file
New way: print(foo, file=my_file)

Let me know if anyone has any questions or issues with this patch.