[lldb-dev] [BUG?] Confusion between translation units?

Ramkumar Ramachandra via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 23 09:45:33 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 2:27 PM, Greg Clayton <gclayton at apple.com> wrote:

Atleast, can we have lldb report a nicer error?

There is conflicting DWARF information for type ilist...:
/sandbox/rramacha/3p/derived/List.h
/sandbox/rramacha/3p/install/List.h

/sandbox/rramacha/idivide/bin/libmwcgir_vm.so is to blame.

This is likely a problem with your build scripts. In any case, the
compiler is responsible for this mess.

> It sounds like you fixed your symlink issue. So a few questions:
> 1 - do you have just one type now in your libmwcgir_vm_rt.dylib.dSYM when you type:
>
> (lldb) image lookup -t "iplist<llvm::Function, llvm::ilist_traits<llvm::Function> >"
>
> If so, then you will need to find other competing definitions in other shared libraries and see if any of them differ by comparing the full "clang_type" value.

Yeah, after resolving the symlink, I realized that there are two
different paths. I'm attempting to fix my build system.