[lldb-dev] issues with simultaneous summary & synthetic formatters

Mike Mayers via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 19 13:42:15 PDT 2015

I have figured out how to get both synthetic and summary formatters
attached to a given datatype.
I call GetChildAtIndex from the summary which returns the synthetic child.
(and GetNonSyntheticValue has no effect - to which I must ask - why bother
having it then?)

Given these 2 bugs:
http://reviews.llvm.org/D10624
http://reviews.llvm.org/D10581

I cannot figure out how to have a data item present in the summary that is
NOT present in the synthetic. (I don't like the fact that the data is
repeated twice - wastes screen real estate - and with larger data
structures and the Xcode UI on a 15" screen - it matters. ;<

Thanks,

mtm