[lldb-dev] Does anyone depend on using LLDB with Python 2.6?

Todd Fiala via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 19 13:03:51 PDT 2015

I think the older Ubuntus and the RHEL 7 line both still have a 2.7-based
python.  I am not aware of any system on the Linux/OS X side where we are
seeing Python 2.6 systems anymore.

Can't speak to the BSDs.

My guess would be we don't need to worry about python < 2.7.

-Todd

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Zachary Turner via lldb-dev <
lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> AKA: Is Python 2.6 a supported configuration?  I found this
> `argparse_compat.py` file in tests, and it opens with this:
>
> """
> Compatibility module to use the lldb test-suite with Python 2.6.
>
> Warning: This may be buggy. It has not been extensively tested and should
> only
> be used when it is impossible to use a newer Python version.
> It is also a special-purpose class for lldb's test-suite.
> """
>
> import sys
>
> if sys.version_info >= (2, 7):
>     raise "This module shouldn't be used when argparse is available
> (Python >= 2.7)"
> else:
>     print("Using Python 2.6 compatibility layer. Some command line options
> may not be supported")

-Todd