[lldb-dev] Too many open files

Todd Fiala via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 9 20:05:57 PDT 2015

Oh good!  I'm glad you found the root cause.

Later I anticipate the following will happen, which may help:
* the test event system is arranged to capture stdout/stderr from each test
method within the test events.
* the stdout/stderr from the inferior dotest.py will become far less
important and thus may no longer need pipes (really might not need to be
captured at all).

In that case, we might be able to cut down significantly on the number of
open handles.  I'm not too close to working on that yet but it's something
I'm planning to look at mid-term.

--
-Todd