[lldb-dev] Process stops when two breakpoint are hit simulatenously, even though neither of them wants to stop

Keno Fischer via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 8 01:03:41 PDT 2015

Hi folks,

I'm using the C++ API to create a breakpoint with callback. In the callback
I do some stuff and then always return false, to have the process continue.
This works great, except when a breakpoint hit is coincident with another
breakpoint (in my case I ran into this with both the jit breakpoint and the
gdb_image_notifier breakpoint). I turned on logging and saw:

Process::PerfomAction returning from action with m_should_stop: 1
Process::PerfomAction returning from action with m_should_stop: 0

so I added the breakpoint id to the log to figure out which breakpoint was
causing the stop:

Process::PerfomAction returning from action at id -1 with m_should_stop: 1
Process::PerfomAction returning from action at id 2 with m_should_stop: 0

where -1 is the JIT breakpoint. Any ideas why this might be happening?
Looking through the rest of the log, I never see the message about
Process::PerfomAction when -1 only is hit (though always when only 2 is
hit). Is the second breakpoint somehow forcing PerformAction to be called
on all of them even though it shouldn't be?

Keno