[lldb-dev] Inquiry about .debug_frame

Ravitheja Addepally via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 24 05:50:20 PST 2015

Hello,
       While compiling with clang for i386, I notice that the CFI
information is distributed between the .eh_frame section and the
.debug_frame section, meaning for some functions the CFI info is present in
the .debug_frame section whereas for some it is present in the .eh_frame.
Now looking at the lldb code,  I see that this information is only read
from the .eh_frame section and not from the .debug_frame section. My
questions are the following ->
1) Is there something that I missing ? is the  information that I provided
in this email correct ?
2) If it is correct, is this expected behavior ? I mean if the CFI info is
present in the .debug_frame then I think it should be read ? coz it maybe
useful in unwinding scenarios ?

BR,
A Ravi