[lldb-dev] Attaching to a stopped (cored) process hangs lldb-server

Greg Clayton via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 4 10:01:24 PST 2015

> On Nov 4, 2015, at 9:47 AM, Todd Fiala <todd.fiala at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Although doing any kind of waitpid() in the case of a core file doesn't make sense.

The process is still around. The process is being handed the core file via STDIN, but the process is still around and this tool is attaching to that process and ignoring the core file data. I would vote to use the core file data if the tool is checked in, or at least provide an option to either attach to the process or use the core file data...

Greg