[lldb-dev] Documentation on stack unwinding

Jakub Bednář jakub.bednar at avg.com
Wed May 13 02:04:15 PDT 2015

Hi Greg,

thank you for the response.

I have only one concern about backtrace(). Is it safe to be used from a signal handler? What happens in case of corrupted stack, stack overflow or corrupted heap. Won’t the backtrace() call try to read invalid data and possibly crash as well? I need it to be reliable. As it is in section 3 of the manpages I suppose it is not a system call and it is not listed as a signal handler safe function.

Best regards,

Jakub