[lldb-dev] expected behavior with run alias

jingham at apple.com jingham at apple.com
Wed Mar 25 15:07:10 PDT 2015

A lot of these aliases were added to emulate the associated gdb commands, in order to make the transition easier for gdb users.  So in this case, because run is "process launch --" you can launch your program and pass the arguments "-foo -bar -baz" to your program by doing:

(lldb) run -foo -bar -baz

which pretty much what you would do in gdb.  So having the -- in the alias is necessary to produce the intended behavior.

Since, if you don't like run the way it is, you can easily unalias it in your .lldbinit and re-alias it to whatever you want, it doesn't bother me that the built-in alias presents a reduced but more familiar view of the command.

Jim