[lldb-dev] Synchronous execution with process plugin

jingham at apple.com jingham at apple.com
Fri Mar 20 16:49:37 PDT 2015

I'm not sure it is deadlocking the debugger.  lldb is just waiting for a stop.  For instance ^C should interrupt it, or sending a signal externally to the process, or triggering a breakpoint or crash, etc.

Actually, Greg must have fixed the bug I was remembering, because this works correctly for me with TOT lldb.

What happens for you if your .lldbinit has:

file a.out
break set -n main
run

For me this stops at the breakpoint at main.  We still have a little clean up to do here, because I don't see the stop notification in this case.  I see:

 > lldb -S cmds.lldb
(lldb) command source -s 1 'cmds.lldb'
4 locations added to breakpoint 1
(lldb)

but if I then do "bt" I'm sitting at main:

(lldb) bt
* thread #1: tid = 0x1bf8a4, function: main , stop reason = breakpoint 1.1
  * frame #0: 0x0000000100018e87 Sketch`main at SKTMain.m:17
    frame #1: 0x00007fff94f445ad libdyld.dylib`start
    frame #2: 0x00007fff94f445ad libdyld.dylib`start

Not sure what's up with the stutter at start either.  But that's a different rabbit to chase...

Jim