[lldb-dev] Buildbot log retention.

Galina Kistanova gkistanova at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 13:01:33 PDT 2015

Hello Vince,

Unfortunately, that's not that easy. Buildbot keeps all the builds statuses
and all the build steps statuses along with the actual build logs. This
information gets "pickled" - i.e. serialized to the file system and then
deserialized back when consumed, for instance by the web UI, with some
caching on top. Everything gets loaded before any filter could be applied.

I have changed the settings to keep the logs for all the statuses we keep
(currently 200). This is safe and relatively "cheap" change at the "cost"
of some room on a hard drive.

I will also play with the history horizon to see how the response time
would change depending on various settings, It might be some sweet spot
there we can get to.

> what about allowing it for specific builders via a configuration setting
override?

Zachary, please feel free to propose the patch. So far we have just few
LLDB builders, and selectively increasing the horizon just for them, should
not hurt much.

Other possible move would be upgrading the build master hardware for a
faster disk subsystem.

Thanks

Galina