[lldb-dev] Stack trace from within syscall on x86 Linux

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Wed Mar 11 12:47:34 PDT 2015

> On Mar 11, 2015, at 11:09 AM, Chaoren Lin <chaorenl at google.com> wrote:
>
> The problem is not the __read function, but a subroutine that the __read function calls. GDB shows it as __kernel_vsyscall, but LLDB doesn't have a name for it, I don't think LLDB even considers it a function.

We need to modify the ObjectFileELF::ParseSymtab() to then create synthetic symbols for these things. You will need to dig around in the ELF spec and figure out how to reconstruct symbols for such things. If you do this, then everything should work. The ObjectFileMachO pulls all sorts of tricks to make sure that we create functions for everything the object file knows about and should be considered as a block of code and ObjectFileELF should do the same.

Greg