[lldb-dev] [Job Ad] Help building Julia's LLVM-based toolchain

Keno Fischer kfischer at college.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 29 14:49:30 PDT 2015

Julia Computing Inc. is looking for an LLVM engineer to work on LLVM, LLDB
and Clang to improve integration with the Julia programming language.
Knowledge of Julia is not required, but deep knowledge of LLVM is. This
position will involve significant contributions back to the open source to
both the LLVM and Julia projects.

Immediate high-priority projects

   -

   LLVM’s JIT debugging and debug info
   -

   LLVM’s JIT threading support
   -

   Julia’s Clang-based C++ FFI – Cxx.jl <https://github.com/Keno/Cxx.jl>
   -

   Julia’s (experimental) LLDB-based debugger

On-going responsibilities and longer-term projects

   -

   Working with Julia code gen experts to improve Julia’s generation of
   LLVM IR
   -

   Fixing LLVM bugs encountered by Julia (we use LLVM hard, so this happens
   a fair bit)
   -

   Tuning LLVM optimizations for Julia’s usage patterns (which differ
   somewhat from C/C++)
   -

   Porting Julia to new architectures by adding/enhancing LLVM backends
   -

      architecture of interest include ARM, Xeon Phi (Knight’s Landing),
      GPUs
      -

   Improving any relevant LLVM tooling

Both full-time employment and short-term consulting opportunities are
available. This advertisement is for our Boston (Cambridge), MA, USA office
and being local is ideal, but remote engineers will also be considered.
Applicants should possess demonstrable experience working in the LLVM
ecosystem.

If this position interests you, or you have any questions, please contact
us at jobs at juliacomputing.com.

About Julia Computing

Julia Computing was founded by the creators of Julia in response to
industry demand for professional support, consulting and training. As part
of our mission to make Julia the best technical computing platform in the
world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what can be done with tools like
LLVM. Julia Computing has offices in Boston, New York and Bangalore.