[lldb-dev] Customized stepping function

Razi Seyyedi razi_seyyedi at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 25 02:31:02 PDT 2015

Dear all,

I am trying to develop my own stepping function i.e. step based on labels in
the code, like jumping from one label to the next one and stop.

1. First of all, I want to ask if it's a good approach to make use of labels in
c++ as a stepping milestone?

2. If this an acceptable approach, how can I make use of it?? I used labels in my
c++ code and then in the executable file I couldn't find my labels. Is it even the
right way to check if Labels exist?

I did the followings:
clang++-3.5 -g test.cpp -o test
objdump -a test

3. Is there any other ways in llvm to kinda flag some parts of code in order to
make use of them as a stepping step?

Cheers,
RS