[lldb-dev] Question (bug?) about thread tids when lldb loads a core dump.

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Thu Jul 30 10:48:29 PDT 2015

On 30 July 2015 at 13:31, Jim Ingham <jingham at apple.com> wrote:
> User-level core files on Mac OS X are huge (500MB for a nothing app).  This is because most of the system libraries are munged into a unified "shared cache" and that gets written out in toto in the core.  Just a heads up...

Hmm, OK.

I can get FreeBSD cores from my 3-thread test app to about 1MB with
some malloc tuning, but I think committing to the main repo won't fly
if we have some operating systems with huge cores. Do you think it's
reasonable to stash large test binaries and core files in some
auxiliary repo or storage location, and have users optionally fetch
them? The test could be skipped if the file doesn't exist or doesn't
match an expected hash.