[lldb-dev] TestCModules.py is failing on OSX 10.10

Oleksiy Vyalov ovyalov at google.com
Mon Jul 13 13:59:03 PDT 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to run TestCModules.py on OSX 10.10 - building Debug
configuration with "xcodebuild -scheme lldb-tool -workspace
lldb.xcworkspace -configuration Debug build" and then running test with
such command line:

/Users/ovyalov/lldb/git/lldb/test/dotest.py -t -v --executable
/Users/ovyalov/lldb/git/lldb/DerivedData/lldb/Build/Products/Debug/lldb
--framework
/Users/ovyalov/lldb/git/lldb/DerivedData/lldb/Build/Products/Debug/LLDB.framework
-A x86_64 -C clang -s
/Users/ovyalov/lldb/git/lldb/DerivedData/lldb-test-results -p
TestCModules.py /Users/ovyalov/lldb/git/lldb/test/lang/c/modules

It's failing on command "expr @import Darwin; 3":

runCmd: expr @import Darwin; 3
runCmd failed!
error: import of C++ module 'Darwin.machine.types' appears within extern
"C" language linkage specification
extern "C" language linkage specification begins here
import of C++ module 'Darwin.cdefs' appears within extern "C" language
linkage specification
extern "C" language linkage specification begins here
import of C++ module 'Darwin.POSIX.sys.types._int8_t' appears within extern
"C" language linkage specification
extern "C" language linkage specification begins here--

Sean,
you modified this test recently and I assume it's passing for you - could
you share what clang version you're using to build lldb and command line to
run TestCModules.py?

Thank you.

Oleksiy Vyalov | Software Engineer | ovyalov at google.com