[lldb-dev] process launch -o /tmp/foo.out

Vince Harron vharron at google.com
Tue Jan 27 18:48:32 PST 2015

> I would vote to redirect to a file on the remote host and do nothing
else. Then you can fetch the file via the platform command:

I'm not super in love with this for a few reasons.

   1. The tests need to be modified and have different behavior for
   local/remote processes.
   2. Currently, lldb hides a lot of the hassle of running binaries on a
   remote host by automatically copying them over.  This just adds a special
   case for output.
   3. Conceptually, for the user, this would mean that 'target create
   <path>' would be a local path but 'process launch <path>' would be a remote
   path.  I would prefer that this always be local path if possible.

--

Vince Harron | Technical Lead Manager | vharron at google.com | 858-442-0868