[lldb-dev] PDB support for LLDB

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Fri Jan 23 17:01:55 PST 2015

This is just a heads up that I'm starting to work on PDB support for LLDB.
Initially this is going to start out as a command line utility that lives
in llvm\tools along with other similar utilities like llvm-dwarfdump, etc.
After that is reasonably functional, I'm going to work on factoring the
code out into something like a libpdb, and have the pdb dumper rely on the
library.  Finally I will add a PDB plugin to LLDB which makes use of the
libpdb.

At least this is the plan for now.

Initial commit of llvm-pdbdump is already up for review (
http://reviews.llvm.org/D7153).  It only dumps raw PDB data streams at the
moment, but subsequent commits will improve this functionality greatly.

Anyway, just a heads up.  If you know about or are interested in Windows,
feel free to take a look at the patch and comment.