[lldb-dev] Problem unwinding from inside of a CRT function

Jason Molenda jmolenda at apple.com
Thu Jan 15 16:42:28 PST 2015

You'd want to look at the UnwindLLDB and RegisterContextLLDB classes.

UnwindLLDB is the top-level class which lldb asks "hey can you give me another stack frame above this one".  UnwindLLDB creates a RegisterContext for that stack frame -- a RegisterContextLLDB -- and so when someone wants to ask "what's the saved pc value for this stack frame", it goes to the register context and knows how to retrieve that.

My biggest concern about the API you mention is whether it assumes that it is doing an in-process unwind.  lldb is an external process so if the API is looking at lldb's symbols and memory layout, that isn't going to do you any good.

But it may be possible to delegate all of this to another API assuming it can work on another process.  So when you ask for the value of rbx in frame 2, the RegisterContext for that frame would bounce over to the windows api, get the result and hand it back to lldb.