[lldb-dev] Using Python in LLDB on Windows

Ted Woodward ted.woodward at codeaurora.org
Mon Jan 12 14:10:10 PST 2015

On Windows, there is no notion of a default python installation. A system
may or may not have python installed. And if it did, but was a different
version from the python used to build LLDB, we'd see behavior from warnings
to modules not loading to crashes.

Because of this, LLDB for Hexagon ships with the python DLLs and Lib
directories in ../lib/python27, python27.dll, and is invoked via a batch
file that sets PYTHONHOME to ../lib/python27, and PYTHONPATH to
../lib/site-packages (which contains the LLDB python files).

The problem with using a batch file is it intercepts ctrl-c, so that doesn't
work to break into a running program. So I'd like to add code on Windows
(inside #ifdef _WIN32) that will set PYTHONHOME and PYTHONPATH if they don't
exist. The values for these would be controlled by a CMAKE build option.

Thoughts?

--

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.

The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a
Linux Foundation Collaborative Project