[lldb-dev] FileSpec::Resolve and (sym)links

Pavel Labath labath at google.com
Mon Feb 23 06:27:54 PST 2015

Greetings,

I need to determine whether two filenames refer to the same file. The
description on FileSpec::Resolve reads "Resolves user name and links in
path, and overwrites the input
argument with the resolved path.", which would seem to indicate that it
already does symlink resolution. However, this is not the case.

My question is what is correct. Is it the comment (and then the function
should be extended to do symlink resolution), or the implementation (and
then we should change the comment to reflect that)?

I volunteer to do the work, but I am unsure what to do. Does anyone know
what is the desired behavior?

regards,
pl