[lldb-dev] Building a command plugin for lldb

Mike McLaughlin mikem at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 18 12:06:29 PST 2015

I have a couple of questions about lldb:

1) I building a lldb command plugin for dotnet/coreclr (sos for lldb) and it currently depends on the lldb source (API h files) and the lldb build. Is there a package that includes just the public h and library files necessary to build a lldb plugin?  I've heard there is one for llvm.  Or am I stuck enlisting and building lldb to build my plugin?

2) Is there any way to get the plugin's load path?  I want to load another module dynamically in the same directory as my lldb plugin.  I'm still learning about linux and lldb but it doesn't look like there is a lldb api or the equivalent of Windows the hmodule passed to the DllMain.

Thanks.

mikem