[lldb-dev] lldb: how can I make it reliably scriptable?

Vince Harron vharron at google.com
Wed Feb 18 11:58:03 PST 2015

My steps require one GUI session, then are command line. Can you use Chrome
Remote Desktop or ?

*One time setup:*

Xcode Menu

Preferences Menu Item (⌘,)

 Locations Tab

 Derive Data: Relative

*https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/lldb/trunk/docs/code-signing.txt
<https://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/lldb/trunk/docs/code-signing.txt>*

sudo xcodebuild -license

sudo dscl . append /Groups/_developer GroupMembership <username>

sudo /opt/local/bin/port install swig swig-python ninja php

sudo ln -s /opt/local/bin/swig

sudo ln -s /opt/local/bin/swig /usr/bin/swig

*Sync & build:*

#!/bin/bash -ex

ROOT_DIR=$HOME/ll/tot

LLDB_CONFIG=Debug

LLDB_BIN=$ROOT_DIR/lldb/DerivedData/lldb/Build/Products/$LLDB_CONFIG

PYTHONPATH="$LLDB_BIN/LLDB.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Python"

DOTEST_OPTS="-m --executable $LLDB_BIN/lldb --framework
$LLDB_BIN/LLDB.framework  -A x86_64 -C clang -s
$ROOT_DIR/lldb/DerivedData/lldb-test-results"

mkdir -p $ROOT_DIR

cd $ROOT_DIR

git clone http://llvm.org/git/lldb.git &

git clone http://llvm.org/git/llvm.git &

git clone http://llvm.org/git/clang.git &

wait

ln -s $ROOT_DIR/llvm lldb/llvm

ln -s $ROOT_DIR/clang llvm/tools/clang

# first xcode build fails but second one will succeed!

xcodebuild -scheme lldb-tool -workspace $ROOT_DIR/lldb/lldb.xcworkspace
-configuration $LLDB_CONFIG build || xcodebuild -scheme lldb-tool
-workspace $ROOT_DIR/lldb/lldb.xcworkspace -configuration $LLDB_CONFIG
build

cd $ROOT_DIR/lldb/test

./dosep.py --options "$DOTEST_OPTS"

Vince Harron | Technical Lead Manager | vharron at google.com | 858-442-0868