[lldb-dev] BasicResultsFormatter - new test results summary

Todd Fiala via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 10 12:54:02 PST 2015

Hi Tamas,

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 2:52 AM, Tamas Berghammer <tberghammer at google.com>
wrote:

> HI Todd,
>
> You changed the way the test failure list is printed in a way that now we
> only print the name of the test function failing with the name of the test
> file in parenthesis. Can we add back the name of the test class to this
> list?

Sure.  I originally planned to have that in there but there was some
discussion about it being too much info.  I'm happy to add that back.

> There are 2 reason I am asking for it:
> * To run only a specific test we have to specify the "-f" option to
> dotest.py and it takes the fully qualified function name as an argument.
> Before your change it was displayed in the test output (in a bit
> uncomfortable way) but after your change we have to open the test file and
> copy the class name from there to run only a single test suit.
> * With the new output format the output of the buildbot only displays the
> list of the failing test function names what isn't too specific in a lot of
> case (e.g. we have several test method called test_dwarf). This point is
> less important as the file name can be added to the output from the
> buildbot perspective.

Okay, not sure exactly what is doing that printing, but the file name is
available from the details of the summary.  Sounds like it is a text
parsing change needed based on the changes I made to the format.

> Thanks,

Sure thing!

-Todd

--