[lldb-dev] New test summary results formatter

Zachary Turner via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 2 13:36:17 PST 2015

Yea I was messing around with it too.  I don't have a fix yet but I think
you will need to either encode the pickled data as utf8, or better yet,
don't write this:

"{}#{}".format(...)

because pickled data is supposed to be binary data anyway.  So use
bytes.append() instead.

Then on the other side in dotest_channels, there's a couple places where
you do something like:

self.ibuffer = ""

which would need to change to

self.ibuffer = b""

and any other similar operations on self.ibuffer which assume string data.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 1:33 PM Todd Fiala <todd.fiala at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I know how to fix.  Trying now.
>
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 1:17 PM, Todd Fiala <todd.fiala at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I think I can fix the issue without you debugging.
>>
>> Getting the single pass test runner to use it isn't impossible but will
>> take some work.  Can you direct-send me the backtrace from the point of
>> failure from your system?  Thanks!
>>
>> -Todd
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 12:34 PM, Zachary Turner <zturner at google.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any way to force the single process test runner to use this
>>> same system?  I'm trying to debug the problem, but this codepath doesn't
>>> execute in the single process test runner, and it executes in the child
>>> process in the multiprocess test runner.  Basically I need the following
>>> callstack to execute in the single process test runner:
>>>
>>> Command invoked: C:\Python35\python_d.exe
>>> D:\src\llvm\tools\lldb\test\dotest.py -q --arch=i686 --executable
>>> D:/src/llvmbuild/ninja_py35/bin/lldb.exe -s
>>> D:/src/llvmbuild/ninja_py35/lldb-test-traces -u CXXFLAGS -u CFLAGS
>>> --enable-crash-dialog -C d:\src\llvmbuild\ninja_release\bin\clang.exe
>>> --results-port 60794 --inferior -p TestIntegerTypesExpr.py
>>> D:\src\llvm\tools\lldb\packages\Python\lldbsuite\test --event-add-entries
>>> worker_index=7:int
>>> 411 out of 412 test suites processed - TestIntegerTypesExpr.py