[lldb-dev] Can Process hold a TargetSP instead of a Target&?

Pavel Labath via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Aug 28 14:01:08 PDT 2015

I think it should be a weak_ptr if anything. Target already holds a
shared_ptr of the process, and you will get pointer loops otherwise.

Couldn't you make sure the debug thread exits (and processes all
events) before the Target gets deleted (e.g. shut it down in
Process::Finalize() or somewhere...)? If there is currently an
invariant that Process should never outlive its Target (which would
seem to be implied by the fact it holds a Target&), I would prefer if
it can be preserved.

pl