[lldb-dev] How does attach work on non-Windows?

via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 27 16:04:04 PDT 2015

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 10:17:24PM +0000, Zachary Turner wrote:
> In what instances do you think it wouldn't work?  At least on Windows it's
> trivial.  Jim provided some code that would work on OSX, and someone else
> provided a method earlier in the thread that should work for Linux.  What
> are the specific reliability concerns you have?

I'm basing this off our own experiences - we use a similar method to
test Android and iOS platforms, and they work most of the time, but fail
randomly, about once every 25 runs, because one of the 50 or so test
cases couldn't sync up with the debug server on the device.  Do other
people see similar problems?

If you're running the tests natively, I bet you'll be fine.