[lldb-dev] functionalities/object-file causing test problems with subsequent tests?

Jason Molenda jmolenda at apple.com
Thu Sep 18 19:24:41 PDT 2014

I tried to run the testsuite today, was seeing more than 400 failures.  Running the individual test files seemed to work OK.  It looks like if I run functionalities/object-file, the following test cases will fail (at least on my Mac system here at work).  Anyone else seeing this?

Command invoked: ./dotest.py functionalities/paths functionalities/platform functionalities/plugins/commands functionalities/process_attach functionalities/process_launch functionalities/recursion functionalities/thread/state
compilers=['clang']

Configuration: arch=x86_64 compiler=clang
Collected 30 tests

.=success F=fail E=error s=skipped x=expected-fail u=unexpected-success

.......s........xx..xxxxxx....
Ran 30 tests in 69.297s

and then we add in object-file to the list of tests to run:

Command invoked: ./dotest.py functionalities/object-file functionalities/paths functionalities/platform functionalities/plugins/commands functionalities/process_attach functionalities/process_launch functionalities/recursion functionalities/thread/state
compilers=['clang']

Configuration: arch=x86_64 compiler=clang
Collected 31 tests

.=success F=fail E=error s=skipped x=expected-fail u=unexpected-success

.....FFFsF...FFFFxxFFxxxxxxFFFF
Ran 31 tests in 55.945s

FAILED (failures=14, skipped=1, expected failures=8)

I thought maybe it was ending with a kalimba target sitting around or something - but that's not it, I added a target delete in the function that loads & tests files.  Not sure what's going wrong here yet but wanted to mention it in case other people are seeing this.