[lldb-dev] how to build lldb-mi on OSX?

dawn at burble.org dawn at burble.org
Tue Sep 16 17:58:42 PDT 2014

Thanks!  I have lldb-mi* built now :).  Although what fixed things for
me was blowing away my old build tree and rebuilding with cmake+ninja
from scratch (so it was probably Deepak's commits that fixed things -
thanks Deepak!).  That said, knowing that the Makefile has the lldb-mi
build enabled only for Linux is vital for folks trying to build with
configure (which I had also tried).

In case others want to give it a try, here's what I did (on Mavericks with Xcode 5.1.1):
checkout the llvm/clang/lldb sources as if on Linux (i.e. with lldb in llvm/tools/lldb)
cd ~/llvm
mkdir build_ninja && cd build_ninja
cmake -G Ninja -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-std=c++11" -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug .. ninja

Thanks to all,
-Dawn