[lldb-dev] How do I pass test runner arguments to individual tests?

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Thu Oct 16 11:50:47 PDT 2014

On Windows when the test runner is building the test executables, I need to
set some environment variables before running make.  I wanted to do this by
passing in a custom built env to subprocess.Popen() in lldbtest.system.  In
order to determine the value of these environment variables, I need to rely
on the value of a command line argument passed into dotest.py.  What is the
correct way to propagate this information down into lldbtest?

It's not enough to just do it once at startup and let child processes
inherit the test runner's environment, because the environment that I need
to create is different depending on whether this is x86 tests or x64 tests,
so it really needs to happen with each invocation of make.