[lldb-dev] eh_frame or debug_frame

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Wed Oct 15 15:50:25 PDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 1:43 PM, Ryan Brown <ribrdb at google.com> wrote:

> Go doesn't have exception handlers, so it doesn't write .eh_frame.
> Wouldn't it make sense to use .debug_frame if .eh_frame is missing?

IMO the SysV AMD64 psABI blesses .eh_frame as something that programs can
rely on for unwind info, while .debug_frame is only covered by DWARF. The
way I see it, the ABI takes precedence over the previous way of storing
unwind info. On the other hand if Go never wants to coexist with any other
exception-using or stack crawling code, then maybe omitting it makes sense.