[lldb-dev] Assertion failure in DYLDRendezvous::UpdateSOEntries()

Andrew MacPherson andrew.macp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 04:24:57 PDT 2014

I just compiled the latest LLDB HEAD on Linux 64-bit and am seeing an
assertion failure on launch when debugging a specific application (Autodesk
maya):

lldb:
../tools/lldb/source/Plugins/DynamicLoader/POSIX-DYLD/DYLDRendezvous.cpp:206:
bool DYLDRendezvous::UpdateSOEntries(): Assertion `m_previous.state ==
eConsistent' failed.

It's been awhile since I've rebuilt from HEAD so not sure when this may
have been introduced and simply commenting out the assertion appears to run
fine.

Does anyone know if this assertion is still relevant and if so have any
tips on where I should look to figure out what's happening?

Thanks,
Andrew