[lldb-dev] pc as a dword address

Philippe Lavoie philippe.lavoie at octasic.com
Fri Oct 3 13:18:53 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am porting lldb for our DSP architecture, starting with Process (our target does not support the GDB remote protocol) and ABI plugins.

The issue I am facing is that lldb expects the pc to be a byte address, whereas our architecture encodes it as a dword address.

I do the translation from dword to byte pointer in our implementations of RegisterContext::ReadRegister and ABI::FixCodeAddress.

With those modifications, I get the pc in bytes for frame #0. But frame #1 gets a dword pc from the UnwindPlan created by our ABI::CreateDefaultUnwindPlan implementation, and I do not see ABI::FixCodeAddress called for that address.

Are there other places I should modify to ensure that all pc addresses are translated?

Thanks,
-Philippe