[lldb-dev] Xcode llvm+clang build and errors on first build of llvm-build

Todd Fiala tfiala at google.com
Thu Oct 2 09:13:35 PDT 2014

Hey all,

The first time an Xcode build creates the llvm-build structure, it does
some directory-making commands that are marked as failing.  Xcode builds
anyway and doesn't treat them as show-stoppers on the IDE build.  However,
when we build that first build from the command line with the Xcode
command-line tools, that does trigger an exit code that looks like the
build fails.

I'd love it if we fix up the llvm+clang build portion of the Xcode build to
just not report those as failures since they don't even look like semantic
failures.  On the surface it looks as simple as making sure we either use a
'-p' with a mkdir or a Makefile "ignore the result" command execute option
for making the relevant dirs.

Apple folks - do you care if we poke at that llvm+clang build code/build
script and fix that?
Todd Fiala | Software Engineer | tfiala at google.com