[lldb-dev] ninja check-lldb hangs on OSX

Todd Fiala tfiala at google.com
Thu Oct 2 07:39:29 PDT 2014

Hey Dawn,

For what its worth, if you're attempting to test a cmake-based MacOSX
build, I have yet to get that to ever work.  There is a bunch of bundling
and code signing operations that occur that don't (AFAICT) happen in the
cmake build.  And so the tests can pick up the wrong frameworks and
whatnot.  If your line above does indeed look like it's working, it might
be worth taking a quick peek at one of the running tests to make sure it is
really loading all the write dynamic bits (i.e. ensure you're not getting
some kind of frankenstein test setup where you're using exes from your
build but system-wide/xcode frameworks or something).

(And if you did find a way that works with ninja check-lldb, that's
awesome!)

-Todd

Todd Fiala | Software Engineer | tfiala at google.com