[lldb-dev] Managing Clang and LLVM dependencies systematically

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Tue Nov 18 16:17:50 PST 2014

On 18 November 2014 18:15,  <jingham at apple.com> wrote:
> I actually think it is good that incompatible changes to llvm break the lldb build bots right away.

I agree; I think the way to improve the Clang/LLVM/LLDB compatibility
story is to

* Ensure the test suite is reliable and has no intermittent tests, so
that a new failure represents a certain regression.

* Make sure all platforms of interest have buildbots that work and are
usually green. The FreeBSD bot has been running successfully for a
while, although the tests are failing more often than not of late.
I'll fix this up so that the failures become xfails at least.

* Help bring LLVM and Clang developers into the fray, so that they're
regularly building LLDB and have a fix ready when they have a
ABI-breaking change to Clang or LLVM.