[lldb-dev] lldb issues on MacOS

Eran Ifrah eran.ifrah at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 22:35:57 PST 2014

I have this big comment in my code that will help you:

// On OSX, debugserver executable must exists otherwise lldb will not work
properly
// we ensure that it exists by checking the environment variable
LLDB_DEBUGSERVER_PATH

In other words: set the environment variable LLDB_DEBUGSERVER_PATH to point
to debugserver executable (you should have it installed with your XCode)

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 3:20 PM, Nikolay Koldunov <
nikolay.koldunov at oracle.com> wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I've just built lldb and lldb-mi from the trunk sources on MacOS and faced
> these issues:
> 1). lldb was unable to run target (error: process launch failed: unable to
> locate debugserver)
> 2). lldb-mi was unable to run target too (Command 'exec-run'. Invalid
> process during debug session)
>
> I followed your instructions about code signing.
>
> What should I do or check to proceed?
>
> Regards,
> Nikolay

Eran Ifrah,
Author of codelite, a cross platform open source C/C++ IDE:
http://www.codelite.org
CodeLite IDE Blog: http://codeliteide.blogspot.com/