[lldb-dev] LLDB Machine Interface Frontend

Eran Ifrah eran.ifrah at gmail.com
Fri May 16 09:04:18 PDT 2014

Hi Deepak,

I have just updated and rebuilt the tree on Windows
Starting lldb-mi.exe -> instantly crashes
for comparison, starting lldb.exe it starts normally without any crash

I built it using VS2013, I selected the 'MinSizeRel' build configuration
Unfortunately, running it under VS, gives a useless backtrace (only
addresses)

I could try and build it with debug info, but it just takes too much time :D

Eran

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 6:50 PM, <jingham at apple.com> wrote:

> Excellent!  Again, thanks for working on this.
>
> Jim
>
> On May 16, 2014, at 4:15 AM, Deepak Panickal <deepak at codeplay.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Jim, have just committed it. Yeah, it works with the GDB/MI
> interface.
> >
> > There's no GPL code, it's all written from scratch.
> > Not all MI commands have been implemented yet, however it should be
> enough to set breakpoints, view locals.
> > We're working on adding more commands for viewing/modifying registers,
> memory etc.
> >
> > It'll be great if more people from the community can use and test it
> with other GUIs!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Deepak
> >

> > On 15/05/2014 18:57, jingham at apple.com wrote:
> >> First off, thanks for doing this, that is great!  If this also works
> with the gdb-mi mode, you will make our emacs friends happy as well.
> >>
> >> If this is just an independent tool that doesn't touch the core lldb
> sources (and doesn't use anything directly from the gdb MI implementation,
> since we don't want to mix GPL'ed code in with lldb), I see no reason not
> to just check it in now, and then iterate on it in situ.  That is much
> easier than handing around patch files, and since there's no chance it will
> interfere with anybody working on parts of lldb that existed before the
> patch, can't do any harm.  I spoke to GregC and he agrees this is a
> reasonable course.
> >>
> >> Again, thanks for working on this.
> >>
> >> Jim

> for your target.

Eran Ifrah
Author of codelite, a cross platform open source C/C++ IDE:
http://www.codelite.org
wxCrafter, a wxWidgets RAD: http://wxcrafter.codelite.org