[lldb-dev] gdb-remote command broken in TOT
tfiala at google.com
Mon May 12 07:44:52 PDT 2014
This is a change I made.
qC is supposed to return the thread id, not the process id.
qProcessInfo is being used now to collect the process id. We added a
fallback so that if the process info request fails, on Apple/iOS we fall
back to the older qC (which, as indicated before, used to return the
process id erroneously, see the gdb remote documentation).
Let me know what path you're not getting the getting process info when you
would expect it. I've got some protocol tests on it in
test/tools/lldb-gdbserver where it runs with a @debugserver_test (on
MacOSX) and @llgs_test (on the llgs branch
Sounds like we're maybe missing a case somewhere.
Is the context that you're launching new inferior or an attaching to
On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 6:47 AM, Matthew Gardiner <mg11 at csr.com> wrote:
>> Is this omission by design or is it a bug?
> I've now found that GDBRemoteCommunicationClient::GetCurrentProcessID()
> has been reworked recently, and that it what has caused the breakage I've
> Member of the CSR plc group of companies. CSR plc registered in England
> and Wales, registered number 4187346, registered office Churchill House,
> Cambridge Business Park, Cowley Road, Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, United Kingdom
> More information can be found at www.csr.com. Keep up to date with CSR on
> our technical blog, www.csr.com/blog, CSR people blog, www.csr.com/people,
> YouTube, www.youtube.com/user/CSRplc, Facebook,
> www.facebook.com/pages/CSR/191038434253534, or follow us on Twitter at
> New for 2014, you can now access the wide range of products powered by
> aptX at www.aptx.com.
> lldb-dev mailing list
> lldb-dev at cs.uiuc.edu
Todd Fiala | Software Engineer | tfiala at google.com | 650-943-3180
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the lldb-dev