[lldb-dev] GDB RSP qVAttachOrWaitSupported

Todd Fiala todd.fiala at gmail.com
Fri May 9 08:57:47 PDT 2014

Hey Matthew,

Essentially you'll want to return a string like this:
$OK#9a

if your gdb remote debug monitor can handle that (undocumented) element, or
return this:
$#00

if you do not support the packet.

I've been digging into the protocol lately since I'm adding tests for gdb
remote protocol-layer activity, so that I can verify lldb-gdbserver (llgs)
on Linux is acting identically to debugserver on MacOSX (and to make it
easier for us to transition from debugserver to llgs).

I had noted that packet wasn't documented a while back.  When I get to
testing that one, I'll update the doc text file on it.

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 6:40 AM, Abid, Hafiz <Hafiz_Abid at mentor.com> wrote:

> I have not read the documentation for this packet. But looking at the code,
> It seems that you will return OK if your stub supports this packet.
> Otherwise an empty reply can
> Indicate that packet is not supported.
>
> Please look at the following link for more details about query packets.
>
> https://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/General-Query-Packets.html#General-Query-Packets
>
> Thanks,
> Abid

-Todd