[lldb-dev] Please update the build instructions on the website

Eran Ifrah eran.ifrah at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 23:33:08 PDT 2014

Hi,

On the website, it says that these prerequisites are needed:

"sudo apt-get install build-essential subversion swig python-dev
libedit-dev"

However, on my Ubuntu 13.10, running the above and building will cause
build error, the reasons for this are:

- Missing ncurses.h header (strangely, CMake did not complain about it)
- Once we pass the ncurses problem (by installing ncurses development
package) we get some undefined python symbols. The reason: python-dev will
actually install the python 3 development package, while the missing
symbols belonged to python2.7

The correct line that worked for me was (Ubuntu 13.10/64):

sudo apt-get install build-essential subversion swig python2.7-dev
libedit-dev libncurses5-dev

and optionally: ninja-build (according to your mailing list, its the
fastest way to build lldb)

Thanks!

--
Eran Ifrah
Author of codelite, a cross platform open source C/C++ IDE: