[lldb-dev] How to submit patches for reviev?

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Wed Mar 12 14:07:16 PDT 2014

On Mar 12, 2014, at 12:56 PM, Kuba Ober <kuba at mareimbrium.org> wrote:

> Now for hopefully the final netiquette questions:
>
> 1. Since I’m not a committer, is posting patches to -commits sufficient? If I get a “looks good to me” reply, do I need to do anything else?

When posting your patch, just attach the patch and say "please commit if all looks good as I don't have commit access". There are many people that have clang/llvm commits that we never ever see on the LLDB commits list, so it is hard to know when people have commit access.

> 2. When replying, should I cc the author(s), or is posting to the list sufficient?

Just post to the list and say you don't have commit access. Many people are used to this and will quickly commit things for you. If you commit often, then we should look into getting you commit access.

Greg