[lldb-dev] ObjC decl string checks in Expr Eval?

Colin Riley colin at codeplay.com
Thu Mar 6 08:41:59 PST 2014

Hey folks,

I'm interested in the following code in ClangASTSource.cpp -
ClangASTSource::FindExternalVisibleDecls(), around line 605.

     static ConstString id_name("id");
     static ConstString Class_name("Class");

     if (name == id_name || name == Class_name)
         return;

Is this a legacy bit of ObjC early exit magic? I've been wondering why
expression evaluation was failing only ever on variables called 'id' ;)
I don't have the ability to validate implications of removal of the code
on ObjC. Any opinions on whether this is actually still needed?

Colin

--
Colin Riley

Codeplay Software Ltd