[lldb-dev] Formatting of help text

Bruce Mitchener bruce.mitchener at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 07:50:40 PDT 2014

I was fixing a bug in the help text for "type summary add" and noticed that
it was hard-line wrapped rather than wrapping with the terminal size.  It
is line wrapping at about 120 columns though rather than 80.

I'd rather just submit a fix for the whole text at once, so should it be
hard line wrapped? If so, should it wrap at 80 or some more common value?

I suspect it would look best if it didn't have newlines inserted, except
for paragraph breaks.

This is somewhere where having a pretty-print interface (like PPML from the
1980 TOPLAS paper by Derek C. Oppen) is useful.

Any thoughts or comments?

 - Bruce