[lldb-dev] hold off on check-ins, please [ALL CLEAR]

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Tue Jul 29 16:55:17 PDT 2014

On 29 July 2014 19:42, Todd Fiala <tfiala at google.com> wrote:

> >  Certainly, that seems more productive than asking people to stop committing.
>
> To be fair, it is *very* rare for a test break in the lldb code (without build bots being very effective at the moment) to be due to a change in llvm or clang.

For what it's worth, the FreeBSD buildbot reports r214094 as good and
r214138 as broadly broken.  (I'm waiting on Galina to add LLDB to the
"official" FreeBSD builder.)

One problem we have in LLDB though is that there are a handful of
intermittently failing tests, so a red buildbot isn't necessarily a
sign of a bad commit.

This has been improving over time, and I suspect once a decent set of
fast LLDB buildbots exist there will be more motivation to fix the
remaining cases.