[lldb-dev] lldb python test run on 64-bit Fedora Core 20

Matthew Gardiner mg11 at csr.com
Wed Jul 23 01:39:31 PDT 2014

Todd Fiala wrote:

> doesn't elsewhere.  The test run should have made a directory called
> "lldb-test-traces".  They go in different places depending on ninja
> vs. make builds.  In ninja builds, it will be in your root build dir.
>  In make builds it will be in the {my-build-dir}/tools/lldb/test dir.
>  In that directory, you get a trace log file (*) for every test run
> that did not succeed - either because it was skipped, it failed (i.e.
> test assertion failed), it had an error (i.e. it failed but not
> because of an assert - something happened that was entirely unexpected
> like an i/o issue, seg fault, etc.), or it unexpectedly passed -
> marked xfail but succeeded.  So - you should have a file called
> something like "Failed*test_stdcxx_disasm*.log" in that directory.
>  You could look at the contents of that and see what failed.

I don't get this directory called "lldb-test-traces" in my root build
dir (with a ninja build). My build directory is ~/src/staging/build/ and
I just ran some tests as follows:

~/src/staging/llvm/tools/lldb/test
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/mg11/src/staging/build/lib/
PYTHONPATH=/home/mg11/src/staging/build/lib/python2.7/site-packages/
python dotest.py --executable=/home/mg11/src/staging/build/bin/lldb -v
--compiler=gcc -q .

Instead my log files, it seems, are under here:

~/src/staging/llvm/tools/lldb/test/2014-07-23-09_19_57

Perhaps the destination of the log-files is effected by certain
dotest.py arguments and environment variables. I do see some *LOG*
environment variables inspected in the python, but I've not pursued this
in anger.

Matt

More information can be found at www.csr.com. Keep up to date with CSR on our technical blog, www.csr.com/blog, CSR people blog, www.csr.com/people, YouTube, www.youtube.com/user/CSRplc, Facebook, www.facebook.com/pages/CSR/191038434253534, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/CSR_plc.
New for 2014, you can now access the wide range of products powered by aptX at www.aptx.com.