[lldb-dev] static fields and consts on a class

jingham at apple.com jingham at apple.com
Fri Jul 18 15:42:21 PDT 2014

You have to be careful about including static variables in the type of a class, since it is not uncommon to have a class which has a static variable that is an instance of itself, so you can get into display cycles.  gdb showed statics as part of the object display, and had some "set" variable you would set to avoid cycles (usually after you had hung once because of it...)  We didn't want to play that game, plus I think it's kind of ugly to have the statics show up in object displays, so at present we just leave the statics out of the type representations.  But we could add them as a side-car to the type, but leave them separate from the ivars.  I assume you can get them from the clang's type for the class...

Jim